Hey there! Are you in the mood for a comforting and flavorful soup? Look no further because I have the perfect recipe for you! This Egg Drop Soup with Tomato is a delicious and satisfying dish that is easy to make and packed with nutrients. It’s perfect for a cozy night in or for a quick lunch. The broth is made with chicken or vegetable broth, and then I added some diced tomatoes and green onions for a nice sweetness and texture. And of course, to make it an Egg drop soup, I added some beaten eggs to make ribbons in the soup. Trust me, you will love this recipe! So, gather your ingredients and let’s get started!
Tomatoes are a great ingredient to add to egg drop soup because they add flavor, texture, and nutrition. Tomatoes have a naturally sweet and acidic taste that can balance out the rich and savory taste of the broth. They also add a nice texture to the soup, making it more hearty and satisfying. Tomatoes are also a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can help boost the nutritional content of the soup. Additionally, the acidity in tomatoes can help to thicken the broth and make the soup more hearty and filling.
If you are looking for more egg drop soup recipes, we have more HERE!
Ingredients and Instructions
Egg Drop Soup with Tomato (serves 4)
- 4 cups (1 liter) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cold water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, bring the broth to a boil over high heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes and green onions to the pot and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and cold water to make a slurry. Slowly pour the mixture into the pot, stirring constantly.
- Turn the heat to low and continue to stir for another 2 minutes, or until the soup thickens.
- Slowly pour the beaten eggs into the pot while stirring gently to create egg ribbons.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot.
Note: If you want to make the soup more filling and nutritious, you can also add some cooked chicken, tofu, or vegetables of your choice.
And there you have it, a comforting and delicious Egg Drop Soup with Tomato recipe that you can enjoy any time of the day. The broth is warm and savory, while the tomatoes and green onions add a nice sweetness and texture. And the egg ribbons add a creamy and protein-rich touch to the dish. Don’t forget to season it with salt and pepper to your taste. This recipe is perfect for a cold evening, a quick lunch or a comforting dinner. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Bon Appétit!